Engine: The Ford Coyote
Ford’s 2nd gereation Coyote Engine Chosen For This Build
The Ford Performance all-aluminum 2017 5.0L Coyote crate engine (M-6007-M50A) is a modern 5.0L 32-valve DOHC V-8 that uses advanced features like Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) to deliver 435 horsepower @ 6500 rpm and 400 ft.-lb.+ of torque @ 4250 rpm (with premium fuel). The lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength, optimized oil drainback and windage control to improve high-rpm performance.
- 435 horsepower 400 ft.-lb.+ of torque
- 11.0:1 Compression ratio
- Hypereutectic aluminum pistons
- Forged steel connecting rods
- Forged steel crankshaft
- Aluminum block
- Tuned composite intake manifold provides efficient air delivery and weight savings
- 80mm single bore “drive by wire” throttle body with variable runner control
- Aluminum cylinder heads, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, Variable intake and exhaust camshaft timing
- Mustang GT 409 stainless-steel tubular exhaust manifold on the RIGHT SIDE ONLY
- Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
- Engine mount bosses and bell housing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines
- Engine weight: 445 lbs.
Additionally, we’re going to need the following parts:
- Ford Performance’s NEW wiring, PCM and installation kit M-6017-504V designed for project car installation
- Ford alternator kit M-8600-M50BALT
- 5.0L Mustang engine cover kit M-9680-M50A
- The stock 8qt oil pan will be swapped out for a low profile oil pan and oil pickup from Moroso to fit the roadster.
Find out more about this 2nd gereation Coyote Engine M-6006-M50A and more parts from this build on the Ford Performance website.
* Introduction paragraph and engine details courtesy of Ford Performance.